diayll

Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Promise

Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Promise - Gurihiru, Bryan Konietzko, Michael Dante DiMartino, Gene Luen Yang, Dave Marshall Originally Reviewed At: Mother/Gamer/WriterRating: 5 out of 5 ControllersReview Source: NetGalleyReviewer: Me When we last left off in The Promise Part 1, Aang and Zuko’s friendship was in turmoil because of a few decisions Zuko made as the Fire Lord. Moreover, at the end of The Promise Part 1, we know he has enlisted the advice of his ruthless father, a father who was all too eager help because he enjoyed watching his son struggle. Good decision? Bad decision? It may be the craziest decision to say the least but only time will tell. Moving on to The Promise Part 2, Katara and Aang, the happy little lovebirds, are on their way to talk to the Earth King in Ba Sing Se, while Sokka and Toph head back to Toph’s school. Yes dear readers, Toph has opened the first school for Metalbending! Amazeballs right? Once back at the school, Toph encounters a firebender who has taken over her school and reclaimed it for the Fire Nation, reiterating that the four nations are in chaos over the Movement. They come to an agreement to settle the matter in three days by hosting a “fight to the sit” between the students of both schools. Meanwhile in Ba Sing Se, Katara and Aang finally meet with the Earth King only to receive bad news; they will forcibly remove the Fire Nation from Earth territory. Needless to say, the lands are in turmoil and nothing with the Harmony Restoration Movement is going as planned inevitably forcing Aang to deal with his promise to Zuko. In The Promise Part 3, the Earth Kingdom and the Fire Nation are set to battle to reclaim the lands. Both Aang and Zuko face life-altering decisions, decisions that could –and will change the entire world. The entire ensemble of friends returns once again in this classic finish. When consulting with Avatar Roku, Aang is forced to make a painful decision, create peace or create a new world. And just how does the story end for the Avatar and the land he’s sworn to protect? EPIC. Overall, finally getting to read the entire Promise Trilogy had me on the edge of my seat with anticipation curling in my toes. I loved the interaction between all the characters and the growth that both Zuko and Aang had to embrace while learning their new roles in the new world. Neither of them wanted to make the wrong decision. However, as they do learn, doing the right thing and the best thing sometimes means going against what you believe, or changing your perception. This is a great graphic novel series for any Avatar: The Last Airbender fan or for those of you who have discovered our group of misfits for the first time. I highly recommend it to everyone!