diayll

Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

The Eternity Cure

The Eternity Cure - Julie Kagawa Originally Reviewed At: Mother/Gamer/WriterRating: 5 out of 5 ControllersReview Source: NetGalleyReviewer: HeatherIf you haven’t read The Immortal Rules, go read it now. While you could attempt to read The Eternity Cure without it, you’ll miss out on a lot of the back story of not only Allie, but you’ll be head scratching at a lot of the world. Plus, everything I write below will kind of be a huge spoiler. Allison the vampire has left Zeke and her human friends at Eden. It wasn’t overly difficult seeing as she is a vampire and it’s a sanctuary for humans only. She’s on a mission to find her maker. The man that gave her the choice and taught her how to become a monster. “But what type of monster you become us up to you…” Torn between the pull of his call and a new one, Allie must make a decision. Her blood brother, the murderous renegade prince whom tried to kill her, or her maker. Nothing is simple in this chaotic world filled with deadly viruses, vampires, and mutant creatures that threaten the population of bloodbags and camps alike. This follow-up to The Immortal Rules didn’t disappoint. It had the right amount if suspense and surprise to keep me engaged and turning pages. The end was a bit predictable, but I’m ok with that. It didn’t ruin the experience and I’m looking forward to the next story. I still love the story of Allie and Zeke. I know, I know vamp/human has been done to death. These two are different. Perhaps it’s because we see it from her side, and not a human perspective. Maybe it’s because Allie really isn’t like other monsters. She’s a katana wielding badass who won’t hesitate to save people she cares about, even if Hunger tells her to eat them.