diayll

Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

A Shade Of Vampire

A Shade of Vampire (A Shade Of Vampire, #1) - Bella Forrest Originally Reviewed At: Mother/Gamer/WriterRating: 3 out of 5 ControllersReview Source: AuthorReviewer: SarikaA Shade of Vampire is a cleverly written novel that follows a young girl’s journey into the realm of the unreal, a world that is, to most of us, non-existent. She is taken captive by an infamous vampire Derek Novak who turns out to be quite not what she was expecting. There were several things I loved about this book. The secret vampire world of the Shade was absolutely fascinating, it was amazing to see how the author visualized a secret vampire destination would be organized. The history behind this world was enthralling, and it was interesting to see how a world with no pretenses, no limitations, and no rules to hide behind would function. Moreover, I whole-heartedly loved the light and dark imagery in this novel. The author really tried to portray Sofia as a speck of light infinite darkness, and that came across really well. In this aspect it has a major link to a famous play, Romeo and Juliet, which too uses brightness and darkness to symbolize good and evil respectively. The concept of a vampire owning a personal ‘slave’ was quite repulsive to me, however, and it was relieving to see the idea of owning someone else go from a novelty into a disgrace for the main protagonists in the book However, the romance aspect in the novel wasn’t as spectacular as I expected it to be. The protagonists felt too much for each other in an extremely small time frame, depriving the reader of a chance to root for their relationship or understand their characters better. Sofia’s reactions to certain things were too unbelievable for my liking; romantically, the story was very predictable. Seeing as the book was written from a two-person perspective, it gave us a well rounded look into the plot, which perhaps made up for the lack of characterization for both protagonists. Despite these flaws, the book was an enjoyable read. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a fast-paced romance, and fans of paranormal fantasy will love this one.