diayll

Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

Blue Maneuver

Blue Maneuver - Linda Andrews Originally Reviewed At:Mother/Gamer/WriterRating: 3.5 out of 5 ControllersReview Source: AuthorReviewer: AimeeKayCan I give a character more stars than a book?I mean really can I?I absolutely love Rae! She is funny and down to earth. In fact she is the topmost reason why I enjoyed this book so much and eagerly want to read the next one in the series. Plus, I can honestly say this is one book that I didn’t mind the first person point of view simply because of how entertaining seeing into the main characters head was! As for the book itself….I DID enjoy it but it had some flaws. There are parts that I wondered about…first being the main characters decision to worry about the health of her friend’s cat before her own. I understand loving animals but when she is obviously injured to the point of not being able to walk on her own I think maybe she should have gone to a doctor not to feed the cat. I understood it ended up being a key point in why she isn’t found by the bad guy but still. Then there is her swear jar, somehow one of the other main characters in the book knows all about it but it isn’t explained how he knows about it. Then there is in the one scene were they are trying to save the world. Maybe it is just me but I don’t understand how they solved the problem? I reread it a few times and still didn’t see it the way the characters did…maybe it was just me? The final issue I have is the romance in the book. It isn’t all the story is about, which is fine. But, while reading I got the impression that there was going to be some sort of conclusion or definite romantic situation…but it never happened. While maybe it is something that will be further explored in the next book I really got the impression that SOMETHING was going to happen. I’m also not too sure I like the brewing love triangle, but I will wait and see how that one goes. The summery itself hints at romance as well but it isn’t billed as a romance so I can’t say there was any real type of false advertising. The whole thing is though that even with the above mentioned issues I still loved the book and I know the main reason is Rae. Yes the world the author has created is interesting and yes I liked the story and the other characters but Rae just kinda overshadowed all of that. As for the boo itself I’m giving it 3 & 1/2 out of 5 controllers I really can’t ignore the issues I had…However I’m giving Rae herself 5 outta 5 controllers with a royalty award! The book is only .99 cents for an e-copy on Amazon at the moment I definitely think it is worth spending it to see what I mean. I’m definitely gonna try to get my hands on the sequel to this one.