diayll

Ari Marmell
Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

Interred (Chronicles of the Interred, #1)

Interred (Chronicles of the Interred, #1) - Marilyn Almodóvar Originally Reviewed At: Mother/Gamer/WriterRating: 4.5 out of 5 ControllersReview Source: Blog TourReviewer: BaileyInterred centers around a typical teenage girl named Baxter. Except, as she approaches the age of sixteen, Baxter finds out that she’s not so typical. When a relative from across the pond visits and informs her of her magical abilities, Baxter is thrust into a world full of those who want to use her time-bending abilities for their own gain. Baxter also learns that as a ‘welcome’ into the magical community, she will have to spend her sixteenth birthday in a not-so-pleasant way. To get through it all, Baxter relies on two equally alluring boys, Declan and Jack. But who can she trust? Interred was a fabulous novel. Although the characters had magical abilities, the novel was set in our own world, making it very easy to imagine the scene and connect with the characters. The characters were easy to connect with right away, but as layers of the story unfolded, an even deeper understanding of the characters was gained. I liked that the story wasn’t predictable and had a few plot twists. The humorous nature and pop culture references were also aspects that were a big hit with me. I thoroughly enjoyed the plot and am eagerly awaiting the next novel.