diayll

Ari Marmell
Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa
The Midnight Spell - Rhiannon Frater,  Kody Boye Originally Reviewed At:Mother/Gamer/WriterRating: 4.5 out of 5 ControllersReview Source: Blog TourReviewer: HeatherThe Midnight Spell isn’t my usual read. I wasn’t even sure how much I would relate to it. However, I decided to read it anyway. What is so different? Well I can’t lie, it’s right there in the blurb. It’s not that I have anything against it. I’m just not the audience the author is trying to reach. After all I’m a *coughs* 30 something *coughs* woman reading YA, which is rare for me. I enjoyed the story. It had a unique angle, felt fresh and was well written. The characters were very believable, and I really liked seeing them grow both apart and together. In a short time they were really forced through a lot of turmoil and teenage crap. The witchy angle wasn’t completely new, but the author was comfortable in the world she created. On a side note, I would have liked to know a bit more, but I get that it wasn’t necessary for the story to unfold. Now this wasn’t your average PNR. It has more to do with love in the sense of family and friendship, which I think teens and adults both need to pay attention to. We get so wrapped up in who is hot, who is dating who, and all that crap that sometimes we forget who really matters in life. That, guys, is a message that rings loud and clear. While it is obvious by the blurb, the second protagonist is a gay teen. I state this for anyone who would have an issue with this, and will tell you that very innocent smooches (think cheeks, yes the ones on the face.) do take place. It also talks of the emotions anyone feels when they’re in love. I found it to be terribly sweet and the whole story was entertaining. This story can be enjoyed by anyone fifteen or older. Boy, girl, teen, adult, it doesn’t matter. The story really has something for everyone. Personally, I’d like to see a continuation of the story, friendships, and the cat and broom too.