diayll

Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

The Witch Avenue Series: Altered Souls: 2

Altered Souls - Karice Bolton Originally Reviewed At: Mother/Gamer/WriterRating: 5 out of 5 ControllersReview Source: AuthorReviewer:HeatherAltered Souls is the second book in the Witch Avenues Series by Karice Bolton. If you are unfamiliar with the first book, Lonely Souls then please go read it now. While there will not be much in the way of spoilers, I think it is a good idea to start a new series from the first book. While you’re at it be sure to check out her Watcher’s Trilogy, and her new novella, Taken! This book picks up right where the second book left off, so it is pretty imperative to read Lonely Souls for the full effect. Could Altered Souls be read on its own? Sure, it would make a good read, but as a series, it brings much more to the table, and it really allows the full story to slowly build and unfold. I’m going to whip this up a little differently as Karice gave us multiple storylines, and each one is important. Triss and Logan are still together, very much in love, but their mothers are still missing. In the beginning, the only link is Trevor, and all signs are pointing at black magic and the father Triss has never known. Conflict #1 Right off the bat, Triss has this notion of performing a spell, a dark spell that has grave consequences. In a way, it has the possibility of binding her to Trevor, romantically, forever. All it would take is one loving thought, notion, or even a kiss to seal her fate to him. Will she choose Trevor over Logan? Conflict #2 Trust. Every time Triss turns around, it seems she loses the ability to trust in those she cares about. The only exception is Logan, but we will see some twists and turns as the story progresses. Conflict #3 Dark Magic. The draw is intense, even for the pure soul that encased Triss. We watch her struggle time and again to not only make the right moves, but for the proper reasons too. The end of this conflict was pretty awesome, but I just can’t give it away. Conflict #4 Father. Triss’s father is at the root of all this evil deception…or is he? Gosh, I really love Karice’s ability to tell a good story. I’ll never tire of reading her books, and I do read them again. Her style has a very human notion, and it is what lacks in many paranormal type books, for me. I want human emotions, actions, and thoughts because no matter what happens, I can relate to that. As a reviewer that is the first – and last aspect of a story I seek out, and this author never fails to provide. As long as Karice Bolton keeps writing, I will gladly keep reading (and reviewing).