diayll

Ari Marmell
Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

Immortal Craving: Number 4 in series (Dark Dynasties)

Immortal Craving - Kendra Leigh Castle Enter our Immortal Craving Giveaway! (1/31/13 to 2/20/13)Originally Reviewed At: Mother/Gamer/WriterRating: 5 out of 5 ControllersReview Source: PublisherReviewer: HeatherImmortal Craving is the fourth in this series, Dark Dynasties, by author Kendra Leigh Castle. I have not had the pleasure of reading any of the previous books, but I found it wasn’t necessary in the least bit to follow along. The author gives you all the Dynasties of her vampires up front. This includes their name, current leader, origins, current strongholds, and of course any abilities they may possess. A real ingenious idea, especially for readers picking up the storyline in the middle. Ok but you want to know about the story… This is a vampire love story. It begins with a human woman named after her mother’s favorite drink, Bailey (Bay). The vampire is a member of a long extinct dynasty that happens to awaken after sleeping for four hundred years, a very unnatural occurrence. Upon seeking answers, he finds Bailey the Queen’s best friend. SN: I believe in a previous story, Ms. Castle highlighted Bay’s friend Lily. She was once a human professor, but fell in love with a Cait Sith vampire. She decided to become like him, and somehow (I swear I’ll read the previous stories just to know) Lily also rebirthed a dead dynasty called the Lilim. Back to the new vampire who slept for 400 years. He is a Rakshasa who can take the form of a lion (rawr). They can also make you see illusions, a very dangerous form of magic. It became clear from the beginning that Tasmin (Tas) is the last of his kind. However, it is not without consequence for he is not alone. Darkness also looms within him, as if being a vampire isn’t enough. Fate throws Bay & Tas together into a hellish battle for the now combined kingdoms of the Cait Sith and the Liliam. The evil vampire (bad word here) who has been reigning terror upon the dynasties for centuries needs to be stopped before she kills them all. Together they must unite, rebuild the vampire council, and fight to the death. Darkness has other plans… I couldn’t put this one down. I didn’t want to put it down. This is adult PNR at its very best. As I continuously updated my Goodreads feed, I couldn’t help but to keep adding something more. It is an excellent balance between paranormal and intense romance that only a lion could breed. Oh and this IS NOT your run of the mill vampire tale. This world was built well, and it engrosses you completely. I cannot wait to get lost into more of this amazing world the author created.