diayll

Ari Marmell
Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

Elfhunter (Tales of Alterra, the World That Is)

Elfhunter (Tales of Alterra, the World That Is) - C.S. Marks Originally Reviewed At: Mother/Gamer/WriterRating: 4.5 out of 5 ControllersReview Source: PublisherReviewer: BaileyElfhunter is an epic tale of a headstrong She-Elf named Gaelen and her cousin Nelwyn who discover slain elves in the woods, prompting them to track the killer. They, alongside some friends met along the way, go on a journey in hopes to exact vengeance upon an entity that calls itself ‘Elfhunter’ and whose only purpose is to exterminate the Elven race. Will the band of heroes succeed? I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I liked that it had a mildly complex vocabulary and that the action in the story started straight away. The plot moved along at a steady pace and never seemed to drag, in my opinion. It is a fantasy book, so it is a bit long, which I found to my liking. The book switched perspectives at time throughout the book, which helps give you insight into the backstories of many of the characters. I liked this aspect, as it gave the opportunity to get to know the characters on a deeper level, thus making them more relatable. I found aspects of several characters that I could relate to, making the book more enjoyable. For example, I could relate to Gaelen’s stubbornness and the fact that, although she acts tough, she does have a soft side. I would definitely recommend this book to any high school student or adult who enjoys fantasy novels, as well as middle schoolers with a higher reading level. Being a teenager myself, I feel that it is a fantastic book for teens or adults to get into, provided they don’t mind the length.