diayll

Ari Marmell
Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

The Crossing (Blood of the Lamb)

The Crossing - Mandy Hager Originally Reviewed At: Mother/Gamer/WriterRating: 5 out of 5 Controllers, Crown RatingReview Source: ARC from PublisherReviewer: AimeeKay“A story must unfold from the beginning of its journey, in order that its destination satisfy the human heart.” – Mother Deborah Oh and what a journey did this story take me on. Seriously amazing! I started reading it with grim thoughts of what type of dystopian world it would take me to. I’ve read some great and not so great ones recently. Also even on worlds that were amazing, sometimes the characters or their stories just weren’t up to par. Thankfully that was not the case with The Crossing. First let’s start with the world Hager has created, or at least what is left of the world. Onewere and the Holy City are interconnected. The people of the island depending on the Apostles to save their souls, the Apostles depending on the people of the island….well depending on them for everything else. I’ll stop there in description because I don’t want to spoil any of the story. But I will say that the world she has created has so much potential, I mean really just tons. Then there are the characters. I wasn’t sure if I would like Maryam at first. The more I read however the more I got to like her. It also helped immensely that the other characters drew me in as well, even Mother Elizabeth and Ruth. I really didn’t like either of them too much by the middle of the story, but by the end I wanted to see them both triumph. One other stand out character was amazingly well written Lazarus. Even when I hated him for his actions, the author somehow found a way to keep letting me see him in a different light. This book is an awesomely promising start to what looks to be an awesome series. I really enjoyed this one. 5 out of 5 controllers easy, the special ones too with the little crowns. I mean this one is great. It obviously ends with a cliffie, but not a horribly stiff drop. It was more than expected considering the events in the rest of the book and in its own way it was satisfying. The one thing I am sad to say is that it’s set to be published in 2013, so that means it will be who knows how long until book two is set to release. *sigh* so don’t want to have to wait, crossing my fingers that it will be released in 2013 as well.