diayll

Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

Vaempires: Revolution: The Evolutionary War: 1

Vaempires: Revolution - Thomas Winship Originally Reviewed At: Mother/Gamer/WriterRating: 4 out of 5 ControllersReview Source: Blog TourReviewer: CrayolaKymThis book, while about vampires, is the run of the mill vampire story. Vampires are civilized citizens holding prominent positions and satiate their thirst with synthetic blood and live in peace with the humans. Vaempire’s on the other hand…Once vampires themselves, Vaempire’s are a mutated being whose thirst for real live warm blood will make them stop at nothing in their coordinated efforts to wipe out the humans, and take all vampires prisoners thus becoming the superior race.Princess Cassandra is heir to the vampire throne and under great scrutiny as her sixteenth birthday arises. Every important person in the world has gathered together to witness this momentous event, that is except her boyfriend Daniel who is outside the city walls, least to anyone’s’ knowledge, slaying Vaempire’s left and right as they gather in droves in revolution against the humans and the vampires. With the city in the shake of a blood bath and all out war, Daniel, Cassandra, and two other teenagers take it upon themselves to fight back the Vaempire’s and save humanity.This was a good read and packed with lots of action from beginning to end which I can tell is what really fuels Winship’s writing. At times I kept asking myself, “Would four young teens really be able to do all of this and have this much physical strength despite being vampires?” I kept hearing myself repeat this with every fight sequence and thinking if my own 18 and 15 year old daughters could muster even and 1/10 of what Cassandra is capable, even if they were vampire and still felt the story was too farfetched and the characters should probably have been young men and women. Besides this, I felt the writing was solid, the story was intriguing and grabs the reader early on and eagerly teases you to read the next book when you finally come to the end of the first. I definitely can’t wait to see more of Winship’s work in the near future.