diayll

Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

G.I. JOE / Transformers Volume 1

G.I. JOE / Transformers Volume 1 - Michael Higgins, Larry Hama, Herb Trimpe Originally Reviewed At: Mother/Gamer/WriterRating: 4.5 out of 5 ControllersReview Source: NetGalleyReviewer: MeG.I. Joe Vs. The Transformers Volume 1 is a compilation of the first four issues in the limited G.I. Joe and The Transformers series. For any fan of the More Than Meets the Eye/Robots in Disguise and those Real American Hero’s, this graphic novel delivers nostalgia...times ten. Preserved in all its original glory, Volume 1 is plucked straight out of the 80’s. No folks, this is not a remake, with new artwork or dark and twisted storytelling. G.I. Joe Vs. The Transformers Volume 1 contains all the satisfying goodness of the original comics, including the artwork, 80’s lingo, and amped up storyline. It is perfect for any fan aiming to take a trip on the nostalgia train. The first four issues were releases circa 1986 and titled, Blood on Tracks, Power Struggle, Ashes, Ashes…, and …All Fall Down! The story surrounds the launch of Power Station Alpha, a nuclear power station that can launch a beam of energy across the globe. Both Cobra and the Decepticons want to use the power station for their own evil purposes. Ultimately, they decide to work together to steal the station from the United States government. Of course, there is a double-cross, and Alpha has been re-modified by the Decepticons in an effort to use the station as a power source for their home world. In a race against time to save Earth from certain annihilation, the Autobots, Joe’s and Cobra team up to thwart those pesky Decepticons once and for all. And what readers get is a ton of over-the-top action, explosions, and laughs as these enemies turned allies attempt to work together for the greater good. Overall, G.I. Joe Vs. The Transformers Volume 1 is a must-have for any fans of the original Transformers or G.I. Joe comics, cartoons, or action figures. In this edition as an added bonus, we are also given issues #139 to 142 of G.I. Joe Starring Snake-Eyes and Transformers: Generation 2. Set during the Generation 2 era, the plot involves the return of Megatron and a new threat against all of humanity, Cybertronians. Never having read these issues before, I immediately fell in love with them and their action-packed storyline. It’s one heck of a rip-roaring good time! I highly recommend, with a happy and hopefully contagious smile, this explosive Volume 1 crossover to fans both young and old.