diayll

Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

Arson

Arson - Estevan Vega Originally Reviewed At:Mother/Gamer/WriterRating: 2.5 out of 5 ControllersReview Source: Blog TourReviewer: AimeeKayI liked Arson…in the beginning. There were secrets about Arson and his family that kept me turning the pages. Plus I liked Emery. She was fascinating. Nevertheless, as I got farther into the book I began to become irritated. The story keeps hinting at Arson’s ability be we don’t actually get to see anything of it until the last few chapters in the book. Instead the book seems to focus on everything else that is going on around Arson; his crappy job, his unstable grandmother, Emery’s parents and their failing marriage. Some of it made sense. Arson’s life IS one of misery and misunderstanding, so I see the author is showing us how miserable and isolated Arson truly is. But I didn’t see why it had to focus so much on Emery’s parents. I thought the book was about Arson, not about a failing marriage. It eventually started wear on my nerves because I started to loathe her parents by the end of the novel. In fact, the only character I really had any interest in at all by the end was Emery. Yes she was self righteous, and more than a little big off, but she didn’t whine about EVERYTHING, she stood up for herself. She had a backbone, something that seemed to have been beaten out of Arson. I understood how he was manipulated by his grandmother. However, I don’t understand how he keeps letting Mandy play with his head. Especially after he decides he is in love with Emery. It was just extremely frustrating. The majority of the book felt drug out, there is some action at the end, and then it just drops off in a straight cliffie. I don’t know if I would want to read the next book in the trilogy. If it focused more on Arson and Emery, maybe, I still really didn’t understand why it spent so much time on Emery’s parents. I give it 2 and 1/2 out of five controllers. Overall, I don’t think the author focused enough of the books attention on the main characters or the paranormal part of the story. A grave tragedy.