diayll

Ari Marmell
Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa
Eden's Root (Eden's Root Trilogy, #1) - Rachel Fisher Originally Reviewed At:Mother/Gamer/WriterRating: 4 out of 5 ControllersReview Source: Blog TourReviewer: CrayolaKymEden’s Root is a refreshing reprieve from Vampires and Werewolves while following in the dystopian world footsteps of Hunger Games meets Soylent Green. Fi, a thirteen year old girl is faced with illness, danger, grief, survival, and love. She is a girl that even grown women such as myself can relate to, and I can easily see my own daughters within her.Fi has faced the sickness and now must become a strong fighter and survivalist to protect those around her. Food is rare and sickness is rampant. She must gain the knowledge given by her father and in a short amount of time to prepare her for the journey she knows she must take upon herself. Everything from stealing, hunting, and fighting will have to be endured if she plans on keeping herself and her sister alive. For being a young adult book, Eden’s Root actually frightening, and I don’t mean “BOO” frightening. I would advise those younger than 12 to have a serious talk with an adult about the setting of this book and as they progress through the book to raise their concerns to their parents because what Rachel writes isn’t too far from what our future could possibly hold. This book delves deep into humanity and many topics such as survival and environmentalism – which have become very important as of late. Rachel creates characters which are very realistic, someone you could see yourself friends with, or actually becoming. There are however, so many characters throughout this book, I often had to try and recall who was who.As the book comes to a close, I highly recommend this wonderful read to all ages; even a great book to read to younger children. There is a lot to feel, experience, and love about Eden’s Root that I know you will love it too!