diayll

Ari Marmell
Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

Sins of the Son (Grigori Legacy)

Sins of the Son - Linda Poitevin Originally Reviewed at: Mother/Gamer/WriterRating:5 out of 5 ControllersReview Source: PJV Blog Tours/PublisherReviewer: AimeeKaySins of the Son is the second novel in The Grigori Legacy series. Even though it is the second book, it still works as a standalone title. I say this not having read the first book, Sins of The Angel. Don’t get me wrong, Sins of the Son does refer back to incidents that happened in the first book, however it was written in such a way that it didn’t make me feel as if I NEEDED the first book to figure out what was going on (although I would enjoy reading the first book if only to find out more about what brought the characters to their current circumstances). I also love the detail Poitevin went into with her characters and the world in which they lived. I didn’t always agree with the decisions her characters made, yet I still could understand why they made them, since the author gave me that much insight into their minds. Then there’s the world itself. She really brings it to life. I’ve never been to Canada, so I can’t confirm if her descriptions were spot on, but they definitely felt real enough to me. As for the rest of the story itself. There is a love triangle between Aramael, Seth and Alex. However, the story was never just about them. Which I think was one of the things that really kept my attention and made the book stand out more than your average romance. Don’t get me wrong, the relationship between all three of the main characters is important to the story itself, but it’s not the only thing going on. I definitely think this is a plus, since love triangles are one of my pet peeves. The author also throws in some interesting twists to her story, and not always what I was expecting. But the twists were done in such a way that I wanted to find out what was going to happen next, so I didn’t mind being wrong. The story ends with some definite loose ends, but this is a series so I was kinda expecting that to happen, and I am definitely interested in reading the next book to see where the author goes with this series. Angels seem to be the new Vampires in the paranormal writing world. I’ve read some great new angel reads and I’ve read some REALLY bad ones. I definitely think Poitevin’s Sins of the Son falls into the former category. It drew me in from the first page and held my attention until the last. This series is definitely worth getting into.