diayll

Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

Spectral

Spectral - Shannon Duffy Originally Reviewed at:Mother/Gamer/WriterRating: 4.5 out of 5 ControllersReview Source: Tribute BooksReviewer: HeatherImagine being a 16 year old girl who has been on the run her whole life, no friends, no internet, no boyfriends…nada! Every time you had to move it was a new name, new identity, the whole nine yards sort of thing. Now of course you have no idea why your parents do this, but you expect it to be because the mob is after them. But what if it was really because you were a once in a lifetime magical being that only occurred during the summer solstice when there was both a full moon and total eclipse. This being, this Spectral, would be the most sought after in the magical world you didn’t even know existed. Some would want you for your power, but some covens just want to kill you! Join the battle for life, for power, but above all for love. Follow the life of Jewel (or True among other names) as she heads down a path of self discovery, learning about love, but most of all she learns that she has no idea who to trust. Like many stories I read, I’m not always reading the synopsis, so that leaves me going in completely blind. I’m not complaining now, but I had absolutely no idea when I picked this one up to read. I was sucked in by the first chapter, and had a difficult time putting it down. The action was creative, believable, and suspenseful. The love story was sweet, innocent, and had you wondering who Jewel would choose. The structure played within the family settings were on par with your run of the mill dysfunctional unit. It was really the perfect blend of fantasy and reality that I loved about the story. I highly recommend this one for young adults, and those who enjoy romantic urban fantasy. It’s a page turner, so give yourself time to read it from start to finish, because you won’t want to put it down.