diayll

Ari Marmell
Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa
Dead Relatives (The Chronicles of Orlando, #2) - M.M. Shelley Originally Reviewed at:Mother/Gamer/WriterRating: 3.5 out of 5 ControllersReview Source: Bewitching Book ToursReviewer: MeDead Relatives hits the ground running with the first opening scene. Our main character Orlando has a lot on his plate as his crew of zombie hunters are searching for the elusive fifth, and someone – or something – called Lexicon. For zombie lovers this novella is sure to be a fantastic creepy joy ride. There’s Magick, ghosts, zombie bulls, and bad guys who turn out to be worse than they imagined.At first I wasn’t sure how this story was going to turn out. Not having read the previous novella The Zombie Story I wasn’t familiar with the characters and their backstories. However, Shelley does a decent job of catching the reader up on what previously transpired without overdosing readers on too much information. It was a fun quick read jam packed with tons of action. In a short amount of time we are jumping from one intense scene to the next.I really enjoyed watching Orlando develop. He wrestles with his magical abilities and being able to see ghosts. He has a difficult task ahead of him deciding how to best use his gifts and as his friends pull him in different directions, ultimately he has to decide if he’s ready to embrace what is a natural part of him. Along the way Orlando even discovers something about his family that shakes him to the core, and when he discovers a friend is near death he must once again decided how far he is willing to go.Overall this novella has a lot of great potential. I would like to see more character development with our side characters, their gifts, and their importance to the story. My only issue is the way in which some aspects of the story wrap up too quickly. I am hoping that we get better insight into Orlando’s family life, Ruben, Michael, and Cora in the next installment. And for those of you who are grammar fanatics, I did find some errors here and there, but nothing that should really pull the reader out of the story. However, I do suggest reading The Zombie Story first as I think this probably works best as a series than a standalone title.