diayll

Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

Dragon Mound

Dragon Mound - Richard A. Knaak Originally Reviewed at: Mother/Gamer/WriterRating: 5 out of 5 ControllersReview Source: Sea Lion Books Reviewer: HeatherThere are countless well developed characters found within Dragon Mound. Evan and Mardi are the main focus, though the story mostly follows Evan. He has lived for over 200 years as he embarks on his quest to find the evil sorcerer-King. This evil being was once the very man that Evan pledged his life to fight for, but an unforeseen turn of events quickly branded him as a traitor. Now fighting for the opposing side, Evan must lead his life with only one task in mind, and heart. He must put an end to the King even if it means losing his own life. However, he finds an ally in an unusual person, the Lady Mardi, who despite appearances isn’t what she seems. Will Evan find the answers he is seeking? Does Mardi forgive his traitorous past? Will the duo come to the aid of mankind, or do they falter in the shadows of evil? You’ll have to read it to find out! Knights, fair maidens, magic, curses, and brute strength encompass this action packed novel by one of my all time favorite authors, Richard Knaak. If you’ve ever had the pleasure of reading his Warcraft books, then this novel will not disappoint one bit! And if you haven’t picked up one of his amazing fantasies, now is a great time to start. This has quickly become one of my favorite genres of literature, and Knaak is to blame for my deep love of fantasy. I enjoyed every single morsel of this epic tale which left me continuously turning the page to know what would happen next! The plot was thick with magic, action, and even a teensy hint of something unspoken. There were talks of creatures such as elves, ghosts, and dragons, oh my! This wonderful fantasy world pulled me in, and quickly gave me the illusion of being right beside Evan and Mardi. I understand that my deep love for the author may make my opinion a bit biased, but trust me when I say Dragon Mound went up and beyond my expectations. I am looking forward to reading the rest of this trilogy as well as Knaak’s other novels.