diayll

Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

The Weeping

The Weeping - O'Dell Hutchison Originally Reviewed at:Mother/Gamer/WriterRating: 4.5 out of 5 ControllersReview Source: Publisher for Blog TourReviewer: HeatherThe Weeping is a mysterious ghost story with a twist that you’ll never see coming. At least I never saw it coming, and I’ll admit, it’s quite difficult to pull the wool over my eyes! Heath is a young man of about 17 who has been in a horrific life changing car accident. He feels responsible for the deaths of his best friend, his best friend’s girlfriend, and his on again off again girlfriend. It had been the night of the prom when the four of them were headed up to a cabin when Heath became distracted at the wheel and hit a deer. While Heath survived, he was left injured and left with the memory and guilt of what happened. His parents, not knowing what else to do, sent him to spend the summer with his uncle Vik. He just happened to own and run the town theatre, the very same theatre in which a young teenage girl had died 20 years prior. In fact, she was also the very same girl Heath’s father once dated. As soon as Heath arrived he starts to see and hear Catherine. She is crying, she is upset, but most of all she appears unable to move on. Catherine was betrayed in life, but will she also be betrayed in death? Will Heath’s new found friends be able to piece together the puzzle in order to release her before it’s too late? Does Catherine get her revenge on those who wronged her? Overall I really loved this story. It had a solid plot, a great list of characters, and enough twists and turns to keep the reader guessing until the very end. Wow! My only complaint is that it was a little slow going in the beginning, but once I broke through I couldn’t put the book down. I’d highly recommend this story to those who love a good mystery, a good small town cover-up mystery!