diayll

Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

Before You Go

Before You Go - Ella James Originally Reviewed at:Mother/Gamer/WriterRating:2.5 out of 5 ControllersReview Source:Hollow Tours for Honest ReviewReviewer: HeatherBefore You Go is a story about a young teenager, klutzy Margo, who finds her world turned upside down. Her father has passed away, and now her mother (who is one the wealthiest women in the world) is forcing Margo to live with her for the summer due to a plot to kidnap the new heiress. Margo has only met her mother a handful of times, but still goes willingly so she can get to know her better. When Margo arrives she isn’t met by her mother, but instead a gorgeous young man named Logan who deeply resembles a young Brando. She quickly finds herself deeply attracted to him, except he is hesitant and withdrawn. After all she is the boss’s daughter, the boss that has been his benefactor and the boss that will serve as his ticket to Mars. Can Logan push her aside to pursue his dreams? Will Margo finally understand her mother? Does Margo push back the pain of the past, of her mother, and mend her broken heart? My Thoughts on Before You Go: I tried to like this book, but I have a feeling that it might be suited towards a younger audience. I had a difficult time wrapping my head around a 15 year old girl and an 18 year old young man. In a lot of states this would be considered an illegal relationship even if nothing happened sexually. While the story itself took place on an island, near Puerto Rico, Margo and Logan are both Americans. In addition to this, I couldn’t find myself relating to either character, and I’m not certain there are many heiress girls out there that could relate either. Maybe a few young men coming from bad upbringings, but it’s unlikely they would want to read a young adult romance. I also can’t seem to understand the moral of the story. Rich spoiled girl gets the cute smart older boy? This easily reads as “Rich girl gets her way.” As far as conflict goes, there wasn’t much. Margo’s mother has high expectations, unattainably high, and there is the kidnapping plot. Other than those two key points, most of the conflict is found with Logan who is afraid of having his dreams crushed. He desperately needs to get away from an abusive father, and in doing so he abandons his mother and younger sister to his father’s drunken wrath. The actual writing was alright, and I didn’t find a single mistake with grammar or punctuation. The story started off strong, but fizzled as soon as Margo reached the island. However, it’s important to keep in mind that I’m not a teenager, and I haven’t been one for over 10 years. I could be wrong and a younger audience may love this book. But for everyone else, no need to rush out and make this purchase.