diayll

Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

Witchblade Redemption Volume 4 TP

Witchblade Redemption Volume 4 - Stjepan Sejic, Ron Marz Originally Reviewed at:Mother/Gamer/WriterRating: 5 out of 5 ControllersReview Source: NetGalley Reviewer: MeWitchblade Redemption Vol. 4 includes Witchblade issues #146, 147, 148, 149, 150, a nice cover art gallery, and a sneak preview at Witchblade #151 – Let’s just call it graphic novel heaven. Redemption is a marvelous addition to the graphic novel world with its vivacious artwork, enticing story, and “oh so sexy” characters. From them moment I saw the Kick-A$$ cover, I wanted, no I NEEDED, to read Redemption. As a lover of great storylines with amazing female heroines who ooze confidence, hotness, and power, this graphic novel delivers tenfold and then some. The story begins in Ancient Egypt. The Pharaoh’s guard has captured a powerful goddess – or so she thinks – named Tiamat. Enticed by the goddess, the Pharaoh does what any sexually charged man would do in the presence of a beautiful woman; he lowered his guard and allowed her the opportunity to unleash her powers on his people. However, before Tiamat was able to take control of the kingdom she was stopped by two women who wielded the Witchblade, an ancient sentient weapon with two components, the Darkness and the Angelus (or light and dark). It’s sort of like Batman’s suite, only much, much more remarkable. The warrior lovers entrapped Tiamat’s spirit/essence into a crown, and throughout the generations it became lost by falling into to the hands of different nations. Fast-forward to present day and our MC is a detective named Sara Pezzini the wielder of the Darkness side of the Witchblade. She is currently working a case where, low and behold, an ancient crown has been stolen. From these circumstances, the magnetic story of Sara, her friend and Angelus Witchblade wielder Dani, is born. I cannot express how much I absolutely love the story. Not only did it capture my attention, but it left me desiring more even after I absorbed the sneak peek of issue #151 with lightening speed. The dialogue, the concept, the beautifully handcrafted artwork, and the characters were so well put together it was more like a giant novel than a simple comic. Never having read the series before, I must admit that I am now HOOKED, CAPTURED, and a HUGE FAN of the series. Witchblade is by far one of the best comics I have read, and trust me I read a lot of them. If you are looking for a graphic novel that has a compelling story, read Witchblade. If you are looking for a skillfully designed graphic novel, then read Witchblade. If you crave strong female main characters and superhero type abilities, then you MUST read Witchblade. I promise there is never a dull moment in Redemption. The beginning, the middle, and the end are all very satisfying. But you don’t have to take my word for it, read all 160 glorious pages yourself.