diayll

Ari Marmell
Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

Absolution (Warriors For Light, #3)

Absolution (Warriors For Light, #3) - L.J. DeLeon Originally Reviewed at:Mother/Gamer/WriterRating:4.5 out of 5 ControllersReview Source: From the Author for Blog TourL.J. DeLeon took my image of the paranormal and spun it on its axis. In her sweet and enchanting novella Absolution, readers will be delighted to find a supernatural world filled with exciting creatures and an oh-so-sexy story. In DeLeon’s magical world there’s never a dull moment as she twines a tale of adventure, true love, hope, and redemption. The author takes us on a whirlwind journey of sacrifice that will leave you weak-kneed and hot for more. At first I was skeptical, unsure of where this story would lead me over the course of just a few hundred pages. Nevertheless, soon after I started I found myself engrossed in the characters, the plot, and the mystery and thinking to myself, “why haven’t I discovered her novellas before?”Our main characters, Lucan and Allana, are woven together by a bond neither of them expected but both craved. Each is riddled with their own self-doubt, tortured pasts, and agendas, desperately searching for someone or something to save them. Over the course of the novel I enjoyed peeking into their lives and observing them as they came to terms with their prospective pasts in order to find their way to each other. Allana had a gentle yet courageous demeanor. As a healer her words flowed from the page like a melody, even and rhythmic, in a sing-song dance. It was beautifully written and part of the reason I fell in love with this story. The other yummy reason rests with Lucan, a Druid with a tear-jerking past. He is first and foremost a warrior, a mighty protector on the verge of self destruction. Throughout the novel we see Lucan’s touching transformation. It might make you melt; it will definitely make you swoon. And when he and Allana finally manage to come together, you can count on being swept away by their tender romance.Overall, Absolution is a novella that will get you excited about love. It’s an enjoyable read you won’t even realize is over until you’ve reached the last page and are secretly wishing there was more. With its mixture of adventure, mystery, secrets, battles, and steamy love scenes, Absolution has something every paranormal fan can and should adore. My only complaint is that I did not read the two previous novels Warriors Rise and Dragon Child. It was a little jolting at first trying to sort out the characters and creatures, but once I understood the gist of the back story, I couldn’t have put this book down if I tried.