diayll

Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

Aron Warner's Pariah issue #2

Aron Warner's Pariah issue #2 - Aron Warner Originally Reviewed at:Mother/Gamer/WriterRating: 4.5 ControllersReview Source: Sea Lion BooksLila Ellerman, the star of Issue #2 is not your average boy chasing teenager. She is a survivor from the events that happened in Issue #1. Now she and other Vitro’s have fled deep into the woods and are fighting for the survival against a government who is set on controlling them, or worse, killing them. So what’s a girl to do when she is on the run and being framed for a crime she didn’t commit? She becomes the leader of said runaways and makes out with her “boyfriend” of course.I loved, loved, loved – and loved with a deep passion - Lila. I think I spent most of my time reading this comic, laughing hysterically to myself. Her sarcastic and witty way with words left me in stitches as I devoured each page. As a highly intelligent Vitro, Lila uses her gifts to her advantage. Whether it’s enhancing experiments in the lab, or rounding up a bunch of scared yet smart individuals, Lila knows how to get the job done. Unfortunately for her, so does the American government.Overall, Pariah is something to savor. The tension is monumental, and Warner gives you just enough action in each issue to keep you salivating for more. Like a horse being lead to water, readers will want to jump from issue to issue just to see where our young heroes will end up next. If you are looking for a lighthearted, extremely funny read filled with loads of action, I highly recommend giving this new series a try.Edible Quotes from Lila Ellerman:“That’s Brandon. We’re dating. Actually, I don’t know if you can call this dating. Let’s just say this: We make out sometimes. And it’s great.”“I never thought I could be intimidating. Turns out all it takes is the properly applied use of pyrotechnics. A dash of physical force. And a flair for the dramatic.”“It’s been a week since we ran but so far the party plus competition equation is holding true. So far what I’ve learned in the woods:Alcohol: Easy.Untraceable Global Connectivity: Much harder.”“Sometimes you have to ignore the voice of intelligence, and give into the voice of cornbased passion.”