diayll

Ari Marmell
Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

When Copper Suns Fall (Lost Immortals, #1)

When Copper Suns Fall - KaSonndra Leigh Originally Reviewed at: Mother/Gamer/WriterRating: 4 out of 5 ControllersReview Source: eBook provided by the author for my honest reviewWhen I was approached by the author to read this novel I did not have any reservations and immediately said yes. In fact, I was so excited and thrilled after reading the blurb and viewing the cover I knew this was definitely a novel I would enjoy. Needless to say, When Copper Suns Fall lived up to my expectations and was still able to surprise me at the end with one heck of a plot twist.Copper Suns is a dark urban fantasy set within a futuristic dystopian society. The year is 2067 and it’s been 55 years since America was engulfed in the Tidal Years, a great celestial battle that essentially changed the world. As a result the Nation of Corunum was formed, a strict society with rigid laws and customs governed by the iron fisted Tribunal. Conformity is a must for those who wish to survive in the Hill Boroughs and Dim Cities. Chela Prizeon, our main character, is not your average run-of-the-mill fifteen-year-old. Coming from a society where almost everyone has “gifts” Chela finds herself in the midst of a battle greater than anything she could have imagined. Her tenacious attitude sometimes gets the best of her, but in the end you can’t help but cheer her on as she deals with all the obstacles Leigh tossed her way. I fell in love with her story and the two men (or three) who battled for her heart.Enter Faris, and the one word that sums him up: yummy. He is every girls dream protector. A dark and mysterious young man who is devoted to protecting Chela from the forces who wish to use her for their evil devices, willingly or against her will. As his story unfolds, readers get the chance to discover his secret, one that adds depth to this budding romance. Seth, the second mysterious man in Chela’s life, is another delicious character who readers will either love or hate. Yes he has his evil tendencies, but he oozes sexiness, and I couldn’t help but want to know more about him. These three characters combined made for one heck of a turbulent rollercoaster ride of emotions.Overall, When Copper Suns Fall is a book that should be on every reader’s wish-list. The worldbuilding, character development, and mystery are all spot-on. My only complaint is that it didn’t have a glossary of terms; something I feel might have been helpful when devouring this three hundred plus page novel. It’s a heartfelt story with a one-of-a-kind world, and I can’t wait to read the sequel.