diayll

Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

Fractured Soul

Fractured Soul - Rachel McClellan Originally Reviewed At: Mother/Gamer/WriterRating: 5 ControllersReview Source: Blog TourReviewer: HeatherI was pretty excited to review Fractured Soul, book #2 in the Fractured Light Series by Rachael McClellan. I’m new to the series, and will suggest you pick up at the start, but was able to follow along just fine. However, some major stuff happens (no spoilers teehee) and I would have loved to be able to start with the first book. If you are reading this for the romance (swoon), start with the first book! Llona finds herself at Lucent Academy, a school for auras and furies that her Aunt Sophie runs. She’s spent her whole life in the real world, went to a normal school, but the girls here are the complete opposite: spoiled and sheltered. It’s all done in the name of safety from the Valkan race, which feeds off of the Aura’s blood, ingesting the light, in order to remain strong. When Llona first arrives, she feels off, as if something is terribly wrong at the academy. Naturally, she begins to snoop, with the help of her new friends and her Guardian love. Instantly, things just don’t add up and you find yourself sucked deep into the plot. Llona has already lost too much, so when the life of her guardian’s threatened, she begins to withdraw into her own foreboding thoughts, and pushes everyone away. Then again, she has a secret. One that could destroy her, one that could consume her, and cause her to harm the very people she’s trying to save. Overall, loved it. I can’t wait to read more and as soon as I have a free moment, I will read the first book. This is an enticing read that I didn’t want to put down. I laughed, I cried (seriously at the end), and I really fell in love with Llona, and I’m interested to learn more of Liam. Part of me wants to slap Sophie though, I mean she’s not horribad, but she’s not winning aunt of the year awards either. Regardless, every character’s well written with a distinct voice. I’d recommend this series for older YA readers, and of course those of us adults who like them too.