diayll

Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

Requiem

Requiem - Originally Reviewed At: Mother/Gamer/WriterRating: 4.5 out of 5 ControllersReview Source: Audible purchaseReviewer: MeWell, I am so sad to see this series end. Especially since I discovered it so late. I loved being inside Lena’s head. Hearing her thoughts and feeling her pain, I truly believed she was a real person and her troubles had become my hardships. She was a wonderful protagonist. Fun to watch. Entertaining to listen to. Moreover, her story was compelling and now that she’s gone I miss her like a heartbeat. In Requiem, we are given a taste of Lena’s continued struggle with losing Alex and the Invalids battle towards freedom. Told from dual perspectives of both Lena and Hana, we see how each girl adjusts to their new lives. Hana’s story was both sad and inspiring. Even though she’s cured, she is still fighting to find herself among people who only want her to shut up and do as she’s told. Her pair Fred, was a complete jerk (although that’s not really what I want to call him) and I loved how she learns to deal with him on the outside while secretly thinking of ways to get herself out of the situation on the inside. I think her character growth was something I didn’t see coming and it slowly became one of my favorite parts of the novel. We also get a few surprise guests in the novel, which I won’t spoil, and a few revelations for our characters to come to terms with. The only negative I have for the overall book is that there is no resolution to the love triangle. This, I think should have been resolved. I think for readers it would have given us more closure to the entire series instead leaving us panting and wanting more. I can understand though why it ended without her choosing but I still can’t help but feel like something is missing. The whole novel is about love and the loss of love. And at the end, it should have ended with love. True love prevailing or new love winning. But that’s just my opinion. Overall, I highly recommend this series. The audiobooks are phenomenal and the narrators’ voice engages you every second. I am thrilled this will become a TV show and I hope that Hollywood does it justice because as a trilogy, Delirium is EPIC.