diayll

Ari Marmell
Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1)

The Secret of Ella and Micha  - Jessica Sorensen Originally Reviewed At: Mother/Gamer/WriterRating: 5 out of 5 ControllersReview Source: PublisherReviewers: Diayll and HeatherMy Review:Never having read anything by this author before, The Secret of Ella and Micha is a delectable New Adult treat. The emotional journey – and the sexual tension – between these destined lovers, spun my emotional in multiple directions (and sometimes all at once), captivating me until the very end. Every minute of every page was an exploration into their pasts, their unforeseen futures, and endless possibilities. I loved devouring them. I loved crying with them. I loved just learning something new about each character in the book. It’s amazing, fun, and is definitely one of those reads that will make your heart melt and your soul fall in love. Favorite Ella Quote:Holding hands, we walk across the grass and down the sidewalk, leaving a trail of water behind us and something else. Something invisible to the outside eye, but to me it’s more noticeable than the sun in the sky.(ebook page 105) Ella is a reformed train wreck. Bad girl gone good, she escaped her old life in hopes of leaving behind her terrible past and the guilt over one mistake that cost her someone she loved dearly. But like they always say, you can run from your mistakes but you sure can’t hide, and her mistakes come back like a tornado in the form of Micha Scott. The bad boy, who’s still sort of a bad boy, but will make you fall in love with him anyway. Their relationship is something straight out of a movie, full of angst, heartbreak, and most importantly unconditional love. However, in order to get to the love, walls have to be smashed, barriers broken, hearts mended, and sins forgiven. And over the course of the novel, we get to experience all of this from both characters perspectives. It’s one romantic adventure, you don’t want to miss! Overall, if I had to describe the phenomenal read that is The Secret of Ella and Micha, I’d say its yummy, raw, and so full of angst you’d want to rip your hair out – or clothes off. Sorensen delivered one heck of an emotional roller coaster ride that I still haven’t recovered from and probably won’t until I get my hands on the next novel in the series, The Forever of Ella and Micha. And I’m pretty sure I just might have a heart attack before October. *sighs* The novel also touches on heavy, very heavy subjects and should be read by a younger audience with caution. Nevertheless, I highly recommend it to parents and teens alike. Heather's Review: The Secret of Ella and Micha is a story about more than secrets. It delves deep with emotions of fear, longing, and heartache. This book is their story, their beginning, and if they can’t push past the pain, it may prove to be their end. Ella is broken, shattered into so many pieces that all she can do is run. Days after her mother’s death, she turns her back on her old reckless ways and buries the old girl. In her place is a prim, proper, and pain filled imposter. Micha loses his mind when he awakes one morning to find Ella gone. He had laid, no all but cut out his heart the night before and told his best friend the he loves her. Deep down Micha know. That he can never love another, but without his Ella he’s lost. At first, he drowns himself in women, attempting to fill the void, but Micha knows only the one he loves will do. After 8 months of hiding, Ella comes home from college. She isn’t back in town for long before she finds that buried girl trying to reemerge. Micha sees her too, and he wants her back, but he will take Ella back in any way he can. Ella has a choice that scares and excited her. She can keep herself closed, or she can face the secrets that sent her running. This is where their new story begins. This story hit close to home. I know all too well about the fear that surrounds bi-polar disorder. It is a battle, even when medicated for those that love you. This is the fear Ella faces, turning into her mother. Micha is intense to say the least and he’s so sure of himself. But everyone has secrets and pain that drive them. He’s sweet, but there is a lot under his hood. I picture him as a hot musician, but a profound being that suffers more than he ever shows. He reminds me of myself, minus the guitar playing and car racing. I’d find it hard pressed to find someone who can’t relate to their pain or to having to hide the real you from the world. Young adults 17+ and adults of all ages, who enjoy romance and discovery should go read this now. I read it in a day and couldn’t put it down. I didn’t want to either and now I’m looking forward to the next chapter in their lives.