diayll

Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

Stormdancer

Stormdancer - Jay Kristoff Originally Reviewed At:Mother/Gamer/WriterRating: 5 out of 5 ControllersReview Source: NetGalleyReviewer: AimeeKayFinally finished reading Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff. *whew* What a really phenomenal book! Can’t wait for the rest of the Lotus Wars series to come out. As the quote on the cover says Stormdancer is a Japanese Steampunk. But even if you’re not a fan of steampunk, don’t let that keep you from picking this one up. While reading, I did realize the Steampunk elements are there, but they are so well woven into the rest of the story that they don’t become overbearing. As for the Japanese portions there is a glossary in the back for the less well explained terms. However, most phrases and terms that are used are also described within the pages themselves so I didn’t feel a need to check the glossary. I will admit that it took me a bit to really get into the story. I really didn’t become attached until a few chapters in. But like the Lotus smoke in the book, the story itself slowly crept into my head. Before I knew it I couldn’t put the book down and just had to see what happened to Yukiko and Buruu. I even became attached to some of the supporting characters and I can’t wait to see if they will be in the next book in the series. Also the author turned the land of Shima itself into a character. The descriptions were amazing. I could picture the desolation and grimness of the city and the lotus fields, yet at the same time see the beauty of the Iishi. This isn’t a romance. This novel is action and adventure through and through. I definitely recommend it for fantasy fans out there. I give it 5 out of 5 controllers. Even with the slow start, it turned into an amazing book!