diayll

Ari Marmell
Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

Changeless (Parasol Protectorate Series #2)

Changeless (Parasol Protectorate Series #2) - Originally Reviewed At:Mother/Gamer/WriterRating: 5 out of 5 ControllersReview Source: Audiobook PurchaseReviewer: MeGail Carriger…I think I LOVE you… Alexia Tarabotti is one of the most interesting, well-written, and exceptionally entertaining characters I have ever had the pleasure of reading. I have always been a fan of Steampunk, from the clothing, to the language, to the fancy machinery. Not only, has Carriger created a character whose world I would like to invade, but she also created a character I would love to become. Strong-minded, free-spirited, and often times a tad bit hot-headed, Alexia Tarabotti is a magnificent creation and a whole lot of fun. I am so angry with myself for just discovering this series (I know, I know). Werewolves, vampires, ghosts, and Steampunk? How did I ever not know about the Parasol Protectorate? Once again I have read (well in this case listened to) a series out of order. I was thumbing through Audible searching for a book that looked like it would be fairly enjoyable and something “different”. But what I found instead was an enchanting tale, with over-the-top characters, and a story so full of life I had to drop everything and listen. Because one thing Ms. Tarabotti does well, is trap readers in the midst of her troubles, and leave us hoping we have a nice parasol to match. Changeless, begins with a new threat to the supernatural population. They have somehow lost their ability to change and be supernatural. This inevitable leads to a trip to Scotland, assassination attempts, ghastly love affairs, and quite a bit of laughter – and tea – in between. Over the course of the novel, we are introduced to old acquaintances; learn proper etiquette, and some of the atrocious traditions of werewolves. Changeless is one succession of strange and exciting events after another. I never felt pulled from the story by Carriger’s eloquent language, nor did I feel like I couldn’t believe everything that was happening to our main character. From the moment the audio began, I was in love. Overall, I highly recommend – with a cup of tea – Changeless to all you lovely readers. I also suggest going the audiobook route because Emily Gray does a phenomenal job of portraying each character and her voice is so majestic you will be hypnotized from the moment you press play. And for those of you who like reading/listening to a series in order, I assure you there is no need. This book works well as a standalone, however once you make it to the OMG ending; you will be buying the next one. And you can quote me on that!