diayll

Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

The Archived

The Archived - Victoria Schwab Originally Reviewed At: Mother/Gamer/WriterRating: 5 out of 5 ControllersReview Source: NetGalley Sneak PeekReviewer: AimeeKayThe Archived Sneak Peek was good, really good. I wasn’t sure at first. It’s told in first person perspective, not my favorite POV. Plus the story kept jumping between Mackenzie’s present and her past memories. The jumping from the past to present did help to fill in some gaps about Mackenzie, but when they first started in the book it took a minute for me to get adjusted. Once I got into it though… The story really sucked me in. I wanted to find out more about Mackenzie and her “family business”. I thought the whole concept of people’s lives becoming Histories was interesting as well as the Archives that they are kept in. I also really liked the way that she ‘read’ people. The descriptions of people’s emotions, especially her mother’s, were thought provoking, to say the least. The book itself is just a teaser *sad face*. I can’t wait until the whole novel is available. There were lots of plot points not addressed, not just about the Keepers, but about the Coronado and the mysterious happenings in the Narrows as well. Keep in mind, since it was only a teaser, the book did not go that deep into story and there are a lot of questions left unanswered, but overall I give it 5 out of 5 controllers and I’m eagerly waiting for the finished product.