diayll

Ari Marmell
Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

Red Dawn (Crossroads Academy #2)

Red Dawn - J.J. Bonds Originally Reviewed At:Mother/Gamer/WriterRating: 4 out of 5 ControllersReview Source: Author for Honest ReviewReviewer: AimeeKaySo loving’ the Crossroads Academy series! Just finished Red Dawn, the second book in the series and I can’t wait to see what happens next. As in the first book, Red Dawn is written in the first person present. As many of my readers know, I’m not always a huge fan of this POV. Mainly, and I admit, because I’m not used to it, but also because if it’s not done right it just takes away from the story. However, Bonds did an awesome job writing in this perspective. The story and the writing just drew me in right away. Red Dawn picks itself up after the summer has already passed; as the kids are all coming back to Crossroads. But this time the main bulk of the story doesn’t take place there. While the ending is kind of a cliffie it wasn’t too bad, plus it leads into a perfect set up for the next novel, so I’ll forgive. Also, I love the budding romance between Nic and Katia. They are funny and cute together. The only thing that really had me wondering…and this will be kind of a spoiler…is how Katia and Nic were able to basically disappear from school and no one noticed. I know some of the school officials did, but I kept wondering why Aldo didn’t send someone out looking for Katia when he couldn’t get in contact with her. It just strikes me as odd that he just sat around not doing anything about it. Other than that, overall I really enjoyed this one. Maybe not as much as the first one, but it has still kept me interested in finding out what happens to Katia and her friends. I give it a 4 out of 5. Definitely recommend picking this one up!