diayll

Ari Marmell
Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

Dark Taste of Rapture (Alien Huntress Novels)

Dark Taste of Rapture - Gena Showalter Originally Reviewed at:Mother/Gamer/WriterRating:5 out of 5 controllers Review Source:ARC from publisher for honest reviewReviewer:Me“His eyes were an intense gold and utterly piercing, the rest of his features all kinds of intimidating. From the hard slash of his dark brows, to the blade of his nose, to the aggressive slant of his lips. Throw in the rough angles of his chin, and you had a visual definition for hardass.” Hector Dean is the epitome of every woman’s fantasy. An Alpha Male with baggage, but at the same times he’s protective, encouraging, loveable, and raw sexual energy. When we first meet him he is a little rough around the edges, hard, and distant. But over the course of the book we watch as Noelle breaks down his barriers. Her quick wit and smart mouth, rips through his walls and becomes buried deep within his skin. The constant tug-of-war between the two was almost unbearable. Gena Showalter knows how to create sexual tension. After the first encounter between Noelle and Hector against the wall when she sneaks out of the AIR training camp, I was begging for those two to seal the deal. With every piercing stare, smoking hot touch and naughty thought there was no denying that when those two did get together, it would be HEAVEN ON FIRE. And SPOILER ALERT: it was blazing HOT!Not only do we get the magnetic story of Hector and Noelle in this book, we also get a look deeper into the lives of some of the other characters from previous novels. There is Dallas, who reminds me a lot of Paris from The Lords of the Underworld series. Sexy, mysterious, sleeps around, but slightly tortured by that fact. I can’t wait to see where his story leads. I think he is one of the most dynamic characters in the Alien Huntress series. His ability severely hinders him and he is often torn by the visions that he sees. I have a feeling that whoever he ends up with is in for a stormy ride!Sweet, sweet badass Ava ends up marrying the sexy vampire McKell. Ava like Noelle, appeared soft, charming, and innocent at first glance, but underneath the façade was a strong Noelle protecting fighter. The constant banter between Noelle and Ava was both hilarious and telling. They were the kind of best friends movies are made about, ride or die, or in their case, crash a car into an ex boyfriends house. Yeah, that happened. When Ava agrees to marry McKell, Noelle is both happy and heartbroken. Her life is not complete without Ava in it and when she decides to become a vampire she felt like she was losing her world. Lucky for her though, she had Hector to occupy her time and give her another reason to exist, like almost burning down her shower from ecstasy. Yeah, that happened too.All in all, this was one of the BEST books I have read this year. Intense, passionate, fun, and humorous, Gena can tell a story like no other. She will have you cursing, yelling, rooting, and swooning over her characters. Her descriptions are impeccable. If you can’t clearly imagine the location or person she describes then you are not reading them right. I don’t want to give away too many spoilers from the book, but I have to say this story is one that will leave you on the edge of your seat sweating bullets, over and over again! I highly recommend this book and if you are scared of reading the books out of order, don’t worry because I did and this book works easily as a standalone title!