diayll

Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

Alan Wake

Alan Wake - Rick Burroughs Originally Reviewed at:Mother/Gamer/WriterRating: 4.5 out of 5 ControllersReview Source: Purchase for M/G/V ChallengeReviewer: MeRick Burroughs did a wonderful job weaving the tale of Alan Wake. Being that this is his first novel and he had tremendous expectations to live up to considering the popularity of the Alan Wake video game for the Xbox 360, I was deeply impressed with his ability to capture the extremely disturbing essence of this psychological thriller. Alan Wake is not your average character and his story is not an average tale. And for those of you who have never played the game, this novel will surly make you anxious to grab a flashlight and start killing, The Taken. Wake is a bestselling horror novelist, who at the present moment is not doing so well, mentally or emotionally. He’s highly agitated, suffering from the infamous ‘writers block’, and is taking a much needed vacation thanks to the encouragement of his wife Alice. Bright Falls, a small rural town with not much to offer other than peace and quiet, seems to be the light at the end of his tunnel. However, shortly after arriving, Wake soon discovers everything is not always as it seems or as he writes. With many twists and turns, people being overtaken by the ‘shadows’, and his wife kidnapped, Wake sets out on an adventure to discover why he has lost his memory, who kidnapped his wife, and what the heck is happening to the town. Learning who to trust and piecing together all the clues is terrifying and exciting for both Wake and the reader. I was constantly holding my breath waiting for Alan to catch a break, and just when he finally figured out an answer to one mystery another arrived, leaving me hanging in suspense and desperately wanting more. Overall, if you love mysteries with a certain edge or fear factor, Alan Wake would be a perfect addition to your bookshelf. I also highly recommend purchasing the video game and adding it to your collection. Alan Wake is unique; it’s scary, fun, and a heart pounding good time!