diayll

Ari Marmell
Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld Series #9)

The Darkest Seduction (Hqn) - Gena Showalter Originally Reviewed at: Mother/Gamer/WriterRating: 5 out of 5 ControllersReview Source: Purchase/AudiobookReviewer: MeOh My GOODNESS… I already knew Gena Showalter could write a steamy romance. If I need my socks to be rocked, or an emotion to be catered to, she’s the author I let sweep me off my feet and carry me to places I can only envision in my dreams. But after hearing her vivid descriptions vibrate though my ear – literally I felt vibrations – I utterly fell in love with her words all over again. I don’t know if this is the most sexual Lords of the Underworld novel she’s written – it was definitely one of the longest – or if it was because I listened to it via audiobook instead of reading the words myself, but I will gladly listen to every book she writes from now on, no longer wanting to fill my eyes with the words but instead fill my ears with the passion. That’s right…passion… In case you need your memory refreshed or you have somehow (insert *gasp* here) missed out on this wicked adventure, the Lords of the Underworld is a series about a group of immortal guards to the Olympians who were possessed by the elusive evils of mankind – or in this case demons – from Pandora’s Box (ex: wrath, lies, secrets, defeat, rage, pain, misery, etc.) after releasing them into the world. In each installment, Showalter takes us on an emotional, and highly addictive, ride as these warriors find true love in the most unlikely places. In The Darkest Seduction (book 9) we are following the heartbreaking story of Paris, the warrior cursed with the demon Promiscuity. Can a wounded man who is doomed to sleep with a woman in order to maintain his health and strength find love with the only woman who arouses, challenges, and calls to him on every level? I didn’t think it could happen, but I’m so glad it did. Paris and Sienna, a love that looked disaster-prone from the beginning. The couple had so many hurdles to cross it seemed impossible Showalter could make it work, complete opposites, both with demons, inner and outer, to fight. Paris encased by a new evil and Sienna with her shame and guilt. I never liked Sienna. She irritated me from the very first moment Paris ran into her a couple of books ago. There was always something about the arrogant woman (not to mention how she treated my Paris) that rubbed me the wrong way and to think she was going to be Paris’s love interest threw me into a frenzy. But what happened over the course of the story changed my viewpoint. Not only did I begin to like Sienna, I began to love her for the depths of her determination. But of course making readers love a character you should hate is a Showalter specialty. So much happens in this book. Ringing in at over 500 pages not only does Gena create a fascinating love story, but she also brought war to our Lords. For the fans that have been waiting for something EPIC to happen in the LotU story arc, this is the book where it all starts to come together. Battles happen, lines are drawn, sides are chosen, enemies and alliances make themselves known. The well of betrayal runs deep in this novel and so does the repercussions. I was gritting my teeth as the narrator unfolded the story from his lips. Gosh it was crazy! On-the-edge-of-your-seat exciting. Side stories ran rampant in this book as we get to see more interaction between Cronus and Rhea, an introduction to Galen and Legion’s love story (*fingers crossed*), Zacharel and the fallen angels (which alludes to her new Angels of the Dark series). Like I said, it’s a lot to take in, but I think if you go the audiobook route like I did you might not find yourself so overwhelmed. Anya, William, and the Lord of Narcissism Viola (yes there are women Lords), are all spectacular, funny, and downright crazy. Love, love, love them! Viola is a hoot. She’s actually borderline crazy although you can’t blame her she’s a narcissist. Showalter also seemed to be setting up Kane’s storyline, and if you know anything about the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse then you know his story is going to be amazing. We also get a glimpse at possibly more demon Lords, and a couple of new additions to the Lord family…babies! Overall, fangirl gushing aside, The Darkest Seduction is definitely dark, twisted, emotional, amusing, steamy, and one of my personal favorites from the series. For those of you new to the series, although the novel can work as a standalone title, I urge you to read the series from the beginning. Behind every happily ever after romantic storyline, is a one-of-a-kind adventure that I promise will keep you on the edge of your seat, toes curled, and heart pounding. Buy it, read it, listen to it, I don’t care how you do it as long as you fall in love with these Lords.