diayll

Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

The Dustman

The Dustman - S.M. Blooding Originally Reviewed at: Mother/Gamer/WriterRating: 4 out of 5 ControllersReview Source: Bewitching Book ToursReviewer: HeatherThe Dustman brings us a fresh fantasy concept – or maybe just for me. Luk is a dustman, a sandman, who is about to lose his Dreamland if he can’t find his light before the wind comes to take him, his land, and all he has created away. But his light is within the one he loves, the one he shouldn’t love, his beloved Meg. Meg is still tormented by the death of her husband, and trying to raise two children while working endless hours at multiple jobs. When her husband was alive she had time to write her lavish stories from her dreaming days. Fairies, dragons, and even Luk made an everyday appearance, though she didn’t realize it helped to keep the land of her dreams alive. After her husband’s death, Meg stopped dreaming, and instead spent most of her time in the land of nightmares. Cut off from Meg, the dustman’s land is ransacked by the winds, but Luk refuses to give up. He recreates his world, and goes to Earth to find those who would still believe, but he quickly learns it isn’t enough. Without Meg, without his light, and without her faith the dustman will cease to exist. Slowly the dreaming lands are dying, and so are their dustmen. Can Luk make Meg believe in him again? Does Meg still love Luk? Join Luk and Meg as they start on an adventure that is out of this world to save the dustmen’s dreamlands, to save the nightmares, and to save themselves. The story itself is wonderful, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I remember the stories of the sandman my own mother would tell me as a child. There are times when I wonder if it has anything to do with being such a dreamer myself. Dreamers will enjoy the story as it’s painted before your eyes, but adults who have taken the hard road of life – and who hasn’t?- will enjoy seeing how we can change things with just a bit of faith in ourselves. Better yet, we can set good examples for those around us when we don’t let the bad things in life tie us down. I’d recommend Dustman to men and women that are 18 years or older, those who enjoy a lot of fantasy with suspense, and of course to the dreamers just trying to put one foot in front of the other without falling down. My only complaint is there were quite a few grammatical and spelling errors, but it was still worth reading for the wonderful story.