diayll

Ari Marmell
Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

The Half-Breed Vampire (Harlequin Nocturne)

The Half-Breed Vampire - Theresa Meyers Originally Reviewed at: Mother/Gamer/WriterRating: 4.5 out of 5 ControllersReview Source: NetGalleyReviewer: HeatherThe Half-Breed Vampire is the third story in this series. I have not had the pleasure to read the previous books, but I can assure you that it reads just fine on its own. This story brings us Slade, a vampire, as he fights to save his clan from a goddess who has talked the local were/shifter clan into starting a war. He teams up with a human woman, Raina, who is the local game warden, a member of the were community, but doesn’t actually believe in any of it. They both set out to investigate the sightings of large wolves as well as the disappearance of a community member. However, Raina soon learns she gets more answers than she bargained for. She is the were packs Whisperer, and the last woman to hold that position was brutally murdered by the wolves. Slade on the other hand gets answers to his life long questions: who his parents were and why he was abandoned at the age of eight. Can these two come together to save not only the vampires, but themselves too? Does Slade’s past come back to bite him, literally? As always it can be difficult when you read a new author, and this is especially true with any paranormal genre. Each writer creates their own rules, beings, and how they come to be. This author chose a different perspective than what I am used to. In this story both were and vampires are based upon an actual virus, and both are passed through blood – typically when bitten. I feel it’s good to know this before hand as in this story there is always the choice, well usually, but I don’t want to give anything away. Overall I enjoyed the story, and I savored upon the love scenes. If you enjoy paranormal, strong romance, and a lot of physical action then this one is for you. There is even a bit of humor here and there, and I found myself chuckling out loud in a few places too. My only complaint is that there were a few typographical errors, but since I was reviewing an advanced version, it’s unlikely that they will be in the final version.