diayll

Ari Marmell
Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

Storm Born, #2 (Dark Swan Comic)

Storm Born, #2 (Dark Swan Comic) - Richelle Mead Originally Reviewed by Jennifer at:Mother/Gamer/WriterRating: 5 out of 5 ControllersReview Source: Sea Lion BooksPlease Note: Issues 1 and 2 were reviewed togetherNormally I’m pretty choosy about the graphic novels I read, and even those are few and far between. But when I stumbled across Storm Born, I was hooked. Storm Born started out as an urban fantasy novel by bestselling author Richelle Mead in 2008. Because of its enticing plot line and unique view of the paranormal world, it was made into an equally enticing graphic novel.Storm Born Vol.1 stars Eugenie Markman a “shaman-for-hire” known to the supernatural world as Odiel. Her arsenal includes a gun, two athames and a wand which she uses to either kill or banish her enemies back into the Otherworld. After working a normal case, Eugenie’s world begins to take a drastic turn as members of the supernatural world learn her real name. Things only worsen when she is approached with the case of rescuing a missing girl from the Gentry, known to us as fairies.Storm Born Vol. 2 begins exactly were Vol. 1 leaves off. After a world wind night with the perfect stranger, Eugenie’s night comes to a screeching halt when she is once again attacked by a creature from the Otherworld. In lieu of this, our heroine continues to consider the case of the missing girl and the puzzle continues to unravel from there.Though the plot was incredible, the artwork in this particular story is what truly drew me in. The pictures do not have a “high end, hang me in a museum” feel to them that most books turned graphic novels have. While I am a fan of those, this work is detailed, yet grungy. It looked exactly like a comic book should.Overall, Storm Born issues #1 and #2 are one action-packed kick-butt start to a great series. It starts with a bang, and ends with the same high-spirited momentum. There is magic, mystery and a lot of flare. So whether you have read the previous novels or not, you can still fall in love with the Dark Swan story and it’s interesting, yet lovable characters. Eugenie is a smart, sexy, tough-as-nails, intelligent heroine, and her story is one that fans of Richelle Mead should not want to miss!