diayll

Ari Marmell
Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

Awakening (The Watchers Trilogy)

Awakening (The Watchers Trilogy) - Originally Reviewed at: Mother/Gamer/WriterRating: 5 out of 5 ControllersReview Source: AuthorReviewer: Heather Awakening is the first part of The Watcher’s Trilogy where we meet a young woman named Ana. She works as a waitress in a resort town, but has no knowledge of her past accept a handful of newspaper clippings. Ana is frequented with disturbing nightmares that haunt her, no, torment her to no end. She knows not why these dreams occur until Athen enters into her life. Athen, nor his family, are what they seem to be, and Ana quickly learns that she is a part of their world: the underworld. Athen has been searching for his lost soul-mate, Ana, since the demons erased her memory back in the 40′s. Our main character struggles with this new-found knowledge that shakes her very core, and sends her into the realization that her nightmares are a reality. However, she is surrounded by love, friendship and most of all a family that would die for her. But can Ana learn to be a white demon again before it’s too late? Will the Awakening process work, thus reuniting Athen and Ana again?I’ll be honest here folks. I wasn’t entirely sure about this book when I realized it was about demons/Fallen Angels, and an intricate force of good versus evil with a race that is supposed to be damned by God. These characters – Ana, Athen and the rest – are the children of Angels that fell in love with human women. As punishment God forbid entry to heaven to the Angels that fell as well as their children, but what made the story unique was that not all the angels or children are evil. This doesn’t stop the race of white demons from doing good deeds, and helping to guide the human race to live their lives righteously. When the black demons/Nephilim interfere or try to cause turmoil, the white demons are there to do what they can to defeat them. It is just an entirely new side for me in literature; however, it was an incredible story. Karice Bolton didn’t leave a stone unturned or question unanswered. She backed up every part of her story’s world, crossed the T’s and dotted the I’s. Every part of the story was perfect, engaging and addicting. Once I started I couldn’t put it down, and when I was done reading I found myself purchasing the next book in the series. I’ve only braked to write up this review, and then guess what? I’ll be jumping into the next book.