diayll

Ari Marmell
Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Volume 1: Change is Constant (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Graphic Novels)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Vol. 1: Change is Constant - Kevin Eastman, Tom Waltz Originally Reviewed at:Mother/Gamer/WriterRating: 3.5 out of 5 ControllersReview Source: NetGalleyReviewer:MeFirst I should start off with a disclaimer; I am a COLOSSAL, Ninja Turtle fan! I had action figures galore, piled up high in my room every night trying to take down the Foot Clan. Every time a new version of the turtles came out, I had to have them. Talk about being spoiled as a child, I wanted nothing else but Ninja Turtles for about five years straight. So with that being said, I hope my review is not biased based on my previous (and still totally fan-girly) love for the green heroes. Change Is Constant, after you page through the first 10 pages of nothing but cover art, is a reboot of the original series telling the origin story of the fighting Turtles and Splinter. In this installment, the story goes back and forth between present day and the days before the Turtles were transformed. This comic is very short, however readers are given various clues as to what will take place in the next few issues. Making an appearance in the story are a very young, April O’Neal and Casey, prominent figures in the Ninja Turtle series. According to the new origin story, April is the one to actually give Michelangelo, Donatello, Raphael, and Leonardo their names. And Casey is a young man whose family life is anything but pleasant. I must admit I was extremely excited to read this graphic novel. I wanted more than anything to be WOWED by this story. But instead what I was given was a ho-hum comic that left me less than satisfied. I expected more, especially from a reboot of a series of this caliber. There needed to be more, and I believe readers should be satisfied if they are going to spend their money on a new series when the old was exceptional. I was not too fond of the art style. The Turtles were drawn with a more edgy look. They were not the beefy green machines I was use to and I am not quite sure how to feel about it. The colors used were bland, and that has me thinking that maybe if it was more vibrant I would have at least fallen in love with the drawings. Overall, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Volume 1: Change Is Constant is an okay read. It’s not the old Ninja Turtles we as fans are use to, but it will still give you the “ah” feeling from seeing our favorite characters. Do I think readers should jump up and buy it? For a whopping 12 bucks, probably not. On the other hand, I do think that if you miss the magnetic Michelangelo, Donatello, Raphael, and Leonardo then wait until the price comes down.