diayll

Ari Marmell
Siege and Storm
Playing Tyler
T.L. Costa

Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse, #11)

Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse, #11) - Charlaine Harris I had to push my nose to the page to get over the dull winding road that soaked up those first few chapters (100 or so pages). All the ‘I said’, ‘he said’, ‘and then he said’ tags were a week point for the story. I know Sookie is a country girl but she didn’t talk that way in the other books, and I found myself skipping over most of the dialogue tags. It was almost as bad as saying, “like girl you know…”. It sounded exactly the same, annoying. But the novel did get stronger over time and being that I am a fan of this series, overall I liked it as a springboard to the next book. Despite the slow pace of the book and questionable happenings, I still think this is grade A Charlaine Harris writing. While this is not in my top 5 for the series, I still think any fan who has not read it is missing out. So I give it a solid 3.2 (I can’t bring myself to say 3.5, sorry).For full review with spoilers visit:http://empyreanedge.com/archives/443